Close HEDIS® Gaps easily through the Availity® Provider Portal
Providers may now quickly comply with Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) measures using Availity’s new Clinical Quality Validation (CQV). CQV will allow providers to electronically document their patient’s care and assessments to close quality HEDIS gaps for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) members. Additionally, CQV helps support BCBSOK’s Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) star rating for HMO and PPO Blue Cross Medicare AdvantageSM plans.
This new validation process will also verify that the data submitted by the provider is supported in the medical record.
- Captures quality-related medical documentation to close quality HEDIS gaps
- Ensures quality measures documented in medical records are captured accurately for submission to CMS for Stars ratings
- Will display care gaps that BCBSOK provides to Availity
- Provides alerts of care gaps, directing providers to access their work queue
Existing Availity users do not have to complete an additional registration to access CQV. However, Availity administrators need to ensure their users are assigned the Medical Staff and Office Staff roles.
- Improved engagement, health outcomes
- Offers an easy, consistent completion process
- Improves quality of information collected
- Maintains document integrity and security
- Reduces manual processes, decreases medical requests during HEDIS seasonal reporting
Learn More About CQV:
- A CQV Tip Sheet is available on our Provider website for quick reference and navigational assistance.
- Refer to Availity’s Quick Start Guide for Clinical Quality Validation .
- Registered users may log on to the Availity Provider Portal for an on-demand webinar. Once you log on, select “Help & Training,” then “Get Trained” and search for the Clinical Quality Validation recording.
Note: This new feature is offered as an added service and does not replace manual processes currently in place.
Not yet registered with Availity? Visit availity.com to get started.
If you need assistance, you may contact Availity Client Services at 800-282-4548.
At this time, electronic medical record request through CQV are not available for medical record requests resulting from utilization review activities or the claims adjudication process.
HEDIS is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Availity® is a trademark of Availity, LLC, a separate company that operates a health information network to provide electronic information exchange services to medical professionals. Availity provides administrative services to BCBSOK. BCBSOK makes no endorsement, representations or warranties regarding any products or services provided by third party vendors such as Availity. If you have any questions about the products or services provided by such vendors, you should contact the vendor(s) directly.