Invitation to participate in Request for Proposal Procurement Strategy
Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) has assembled a project team to develop and execute a procurement strategy to partner with a Lab Service Provider(s) that can align with HCSC’s goal to provide the highest quality healthcare to our members.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit information from current and potential providers. This specific RFP will be focused on our Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) members only. Through this effort, BCBSOK will understand the potential to aggregate total laboratory spend with a limited number of lab providers. The selected laboratory provider(s) must be capable of providing a comprehensive set of lab services for all, or the majority, of BCBSOK’s members at competitive pricing.
At a minimum, every participating lab provider in the RFP must meet these requirements:
- Lab must provide a comprehensive scope of Reference Lab services
- Must provide statewide coverage
- Must be CAP (College of American Pathologists) Certified
- Must participate with My Health (HIE) for Data Sharing and transparency
- Must bill on a CMS1500 , not a UB04 claim form
- Turnaround time -- 90% of tests done to have a turnaround time not to exceed 48 hours
- Must perform at least 90% of tests in-house vs. sending out to another reference lab
All interested providers must submit their questionnaire responses to Alex Traurig by 5pm CT on Friday, January 22, 2016. All eligible providers will receive their RFP participation notification the week of January 25, 2016.